It’s been awhile since I’ve posted but I have been extremely busy. A lot of changes at school have me eyes deep in a constant stream of paperwork and planning. I’ve also been extremely busy coaching wrestling; especially now that we are in the latter half of the season. This past weekend, these terrific young men placed third in Georgia AAAAAA State Duals.
Anyhow, here are a few updates…
- First and foremost, it appears that the Ringgold flag case is over. So much for being prepared to fight the fight to the end and what not. I will continue and finish my series of posts about the Ringgold Depot and the flag controversy though. I enjoy the small town history.
- The University of North Georgia will be hosting a lecture series on the Civil War entitled, Civil War at 150: Perspectives on Impact and Significance. The event will be hosted at the Gainesville campus, which provides easier access for travelers via the interstate. Notable lecturers include UGA’s Dr. John Inscoe. I had the extreme pleasure of having Dr. Inscoe review my paper at last years Appalachian Studies Association Conference. He is incredibly knowledgeable and a terrific guy.
- Ridley Scott and PBS are teaming up to create a Civil War hospital drama. Bring it on.
- It appears the VA Flaggers matriarch Susan Hathaway shares the same opinions about Confederate Heritage that white supremacists do. I wonder which of the two are more honest…
- Finally, unlike last year, the only morons I’ve seen waving Confederate Flags are the VA Flaggers on my Facebook feed. I feel like they are more marginalized every day.
Well that’s all for this turn. I’m going to make it a point to post more frequently, until next time.